om grown mama
prenatal teacher training
This 85-hour program
taught by Jessalynn Hakanson, E-RYT 500, RPYT, LMT will prepare
participants for the joys of teaching yoga during the childbearing year,
and offer the tools and techniques necessary for integrating prenatal and
postnatal yoga into their community. Within every woman is the intuitive
wisdom to create, nurture, and transform and this curriculum will provide
an inspired path of teachings. The teachings are rooted in the divine
feminine creative power that will empower women for the transformation of
childbirth and motherhood. We will explore the art of sequencing postures,
pranayama practices, mantra and meditations allowing a mama in bloom to
create a source of strength and confidence in the natural process of
birth, nurture a supple body while it grows to accommodate the life
within, and transform into motherhood by connecting to the growing spirit
of the baby in bloom.
Om Grown Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training will be divided into two
Module 2: August 20-23, 2015 (at Sanctuary for Yoga)
Module 2 (35 hours) addresses the following topics:
- Traditional yoga philosophy and the eight limbs applicable to
lifestyle and well-being during the childbearing year
- Observations in psychological and emotional changes during the
- Various methods, approaches, and models of care for the childbearing
- Practice and teaching methodology specific to each trimester of
pregnancy and postpartum period
- Various class formats for the beginning and/or advanced student
during each trimester
- Class options and workshop formats that could be offered during the
- Class formats and considerations for the “4th trimester”,
postpartum, and om grown mama & baby bliss
- The relevance of holding a supportive space for educated, empowered,
and intuitive choices in pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood
Thursday - 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Friday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
$1,000 for both modules, if payment is made in full 60 days prior to the first module start date.
$ 550 per module, first installment due 30 days prior to module 1 & the second installment due 30 days prior to second module.
$ 575 per module, first installment due 10 days prior to module 1 & the second installment due 10 days prior to the module 2.
send in application before registering.
See Teacher Training Application on Sanctuary Website