Friday 8:00am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00am - 3:00 pm
Early bird: $425 per module (paid 2 weeks in advance per module start date)
Regular: $475 per module
Pay In Full for all 5 Modules - $2000 (paid before start of 1st module - $400/module)
You will have 2 years to complete the 5 core modules if you select Pay In Full
Investment for the remaining elective hours (150 hours) will be paid per module/immersion. The cost of the modules will vary based upon presenter and length of module. You may estimate to pay at minimum an additional $2000 to cover all needed electives.
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
No cash refunds.
When applicable, refunds will be credited to your Sanctuary Account and may be used for classes, workshops, teacher trainings or boutique purchases.
Registrations for all event types without payment cannot be guaranteed.
Payment for all event types must be made in full on or before first session of the event, unless alternative payment options have been arranged in advance with Sanctuary for Yoga
No refunds will be issued after the workshop/training begins. No refunds will be given for no-shows.
Cancellations seven (7) days or more before start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable deposit, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary Account.
Cancellations in the six (6) days prior to start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable deposit plus 10% (of total training cost) Administration Fee, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary Account.
Cancellations within 24 hours of start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable registration fee plus 25% of total training cost will be deducted, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary account.
5 Core Modules (All Required):
see Workshops for upcoming module dates
Advanced Sequencing: The Sacred Architecture of a Class (Module 1)
The focus of this module (30 hours) will be on the evolution of a class from the carefully placed intention and the first unified breath to the stillness of savasana. We will explore the relationships between asanas and the deliberate unfolding of a sequence to a peak. During the module, we’ll use a full spectrum of asanas to create simple to complex sequences and learn techniques for skillfully guiding students through movement in all directions. Learn to add depth and dimension to your classes to take students deeper into poses and more complex asanas with ease.
- Break down krama within a pose/sequence/class
- Sequences that move from front to back of mat
- Techniques for guiding students through complex sequences
- Peak poses - understanding their purpose/function/path to the peak
- Development of sequences during the module; expanding sequences in a variety of directions for different peaks within the same family
- Sequences for mixed level classes
Getting off the Mat: Advanced Assisting in the Flow (Module 2)
Learning to flow on and off your mat as a teacher of Vinyasa yoga while maintaining the rhythm of a class is a skill. This (30 hour) module focuses on the development of skills to guide students into proper alignment and deeper into asanas through a variety of techniques.
- Refine observation skills
- Teaching alignment in the flow
- Review of prana; the pancha vayus; integration of prana within an asana; the body as a container of prana
- Advanced hands-on assists
- Assisting “in the flow” of a class
- Skillful assisting through verbal cues and hands on assists
- Partner assists
Truth: Finding Your Authentic Voice (Module 3)
In this module (30 hours), teachers will explore techniques to discovering their authentic voice. Each person is unique. We bring the sum of our experiences both on and off the mat to our teaching and our own unique offering. This module also focuses on the heart-opening family of backbends as a foundation for our work during the module. We’ll build a complete experience literally from the ground up.
- Explorations into our authentic selves include:
- Exercises with poetry, sacred texts, images, inspiration that is meaningful to you personally
- Musical exploration - developing playlists that are unique to you; an expression of your classes
- Journaling and vision boards as a landscape for our class experience
- Setting the tone for a class
- Weaving theme into classes
Vishve Pranavayu Shakti - The World of Vital Energy (Module 4)
The World of Vital Energy is the unseen, but often felt through integration and manipulation of our physical body to understand the hidden powers of the subtle body. This “felt experience” is known as élan vital or vital spark and is also considered the essence of the soul. In this module we will explore this this essence through physical postures, philosophical study and first hand experience in the potent quality of pancha-vayus. As a result, we will strive to create new patterns about our internal control of and over our own élan vital.
- Understanding Kundalini, the dynamic latent power
- The Primary Bandha: Mulabandha, Uddiyana, Jalandara
- Maha Mudra
- Review of the panca-vayus
- How to use the vayus to our advantage
- Pranayama techniques and kriyas, including nadi cleansing/balancing
- Chakra Movement Meditation
- Yogic physiology
The Yana and Katha of the Devas - Walk a Mile in Shiva’s Bare Feet (Module 5)
In this module (30 hours), we dive deep into the journey (yana) and tales (katha) of the gods themselves. Our study is rooted in the philosophies and mythologies of the universe as seen from the yoga tradition. We will learn through exploration stories and iconography how the vision of the Paramatman (Supreme Self) is obtained by learning about the underlying correlation and dharmic connection between God’s plan and our vision of all things.
We will dive into the storied worlds of the Vedas, Upanishads, Ramayana, Bhagavad-Gita, and stories of kings and sages, monkeys and gods. We will embrace the ebb and flow of verse, sometimes like a frenzied dance (tandava), as we open to a world rich in knowledge of a deeper intelligence.
This is primarily a lecture based module, but be prepared to move and experience the inner science of the verse.